There are no more public workshop dates for 2020. Please watch this page for updates for dates for 2021
This is an online guided workshop that accelerates your tech leadership journey. This workshop will boost your skills, accelerate your career development, offer you tools and tricks to lead technical teams and guide you through the journey from maker to multiplier.
If you’re interested in having this run as a private workshop, please get in touch.
What does this workshop cover?
- Exploring Technical Leadership – We explore the breadth and focus of effective technical leadership.
- Leading Technical Topics – We focus on building a technical vision and cover 8 principles of effective technical leadership
- Maker to Multiplier – We show the differences between being a maker (i.e. software engineer) to being a multiplier (i.e. a technical leaders) including 5 keys to being a successful multiplier.
- Next Steps – What happens after the workshop and what you can do to continue your technical leadership journey.
What will you learn on this workshop?
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what technical leadership is, and why it’s important for successful teams
- Explain what effective technical leadership looks like
- Describe your Technical Vision in depth
- Outline 8 foundation principles of effective technical leadership
- Identify the different behaviours of Makers and Multipliers
- Use 5 foundation skills that Multipliers draw upon a daily basis
Who is this for?
This workshop is specifically aimed at:
- Software engineers wanting to increase their influence
- Software engineers looking to transition into a Lead Developer, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager role
- Technical leaders early on their journey who want to quickly level up their skills
- Experienced technical leaders who want to refresh and refine their existing skills
What do you need for this workshop?
This is an online, interactive, fully remote workshop. For the best experience you will need:
- Internet – Good, reliable Internet access. Recommended minimum is 1Mb/s
- Computer – A computer with the ability to run Zoom and a web browser concurrently. Recommended minimum specifications include: CPU 2,8 GHz (dual-core i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent), 4GB RAM.
- Webcam and microphone – As there are group activities, it is recommended you have a webcam and microphone
- Video Conferencing Software – The workshop runs via Zoom. It is recommended you use the native Zoom client (i.e. not the web client).
- A modern Internet Browser – We will use a number of web-based tools. It is recommended you use one of the following: Chrome 52.0 or later, Firefox 52.0. or later, Safari 10 or later, Internet Explore 11 or later, Edge version 15 or later.
- Time – This workshop runs for 4 hours.
How does this workshop run?
Your trainer (Pat Kua) will guide you and your cohort through the workshop using a variety of methods optimised for a fully remote, digital world. Research shows that deeper learning occurs when you interact, apply and practice the material. This workshop draws upon short lectures, interactive polls, Q&A break outs, individual and group exercises and group discussions. Each of these elements are specifically designed to challenge you to put the content into action and you will get the most of this workshop by taking an active part.
How many people can take part in this workshop?
This workshop is designed for a minimum of 10 people up to a maximum of 30 people.
Can you run this workshop for my company?
Yes. We can run a private version of this workshop for future and current technical leaders all working for the same company. Please get in contact for more details.
I’m interested. How do I register?
Choose one of the dates that work for you and follow the link to register.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email. To find future dates for this workshop, watch out for the announcements by joining Level Up, a curated newsletter for leaders in tech.